Spring's Here!
Yesterday was a dull day . It had been drizzling all day on sunday and monday was cloudy and wet. I felt kind of feverish and thought its best to go home early.
Rarely do i see the sunset in manhattan when i get out of hunter college. I almost always go home after dark.
Well it gets dark early in winter so not that i had been working late :D
As usual i took the M66 bus through central park and lo behold!
I saw little green leaves stretching themselves like we do when we wake up from sleep! and little yellow tulips peeking out of the long cluster of leaves ! Creepers have come alive and a few lavender flowers here n there amidst the lawns which are already turning green. !
the poor conifers (the only ones which remained green throughout winter...thank god for that!)
must be overjoyed to see their friends coming back to life!
I was overjoyed too .... to see them around heralding the arrival of spring!
Reminds me of Kishore kumar's song in Baaton Baaton Mein
'Kabhi sukh kabhi dukh yehi zindagi hai
Yeh pathjhad ka mausam ghadi do ghadi hai
Naye phool kal phir chaman mein khilenge
Udasi bhare din kabhi to dhalenge'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home