Pune Manhattan Express

Monday, May 16, 2005

Friendly Subtalk!

Guess what? I found someone to share my subtalk today on the 1 train ..... a beautiful old lady , who was as young at heart as could be!

She came in at Lincoln Center and sat beside me and gave me a smile , which was quite unusual ! So i returned it gladly.

After a while i heard a little murmur . I saw her reading a poem which i had read a few days back on subtalk! its was an interesting poem by Shakespere from Macbeth .

And then we started talking ... she said she really liked the lines because it went , tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow , repetitively!

Wow! I found someone to share my subtalk ...what else could i have asked for? We had a small discussion on the poem and its meaning :)

I was amazed to see her reading without glasses ....Well she was amazed too! She just had a cataract operation done and was enjoying her brand new eyesight

She asked me if i was Indian . I was suprized again ! I asked her how did she identify me... and listen to what she said.... " You are charming ....(so you got to be an Indian!) .... I was properly flattered :D and proud also ... Then she told me of her visits to Mumbai and Delhi ...

It was a lovely experience talking to this "young" old lady who got off at Columbia University leaving me with a BIG SMILE!

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Mandar said...

Hi Anu, neat one. continue to spread the charm :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home